[Tigers] Valve cover modification

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Valve cover modification
From: Nathan Johnson <vesselofgrace@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:48:04 +0000
Has anyone ever tried modifying their valve covers to accomodate aluminum
heads?  I have a set of LAT style covers with the smooth back but I have read
here that when I put aluminum heads on there won't be enough clearance to get
the covers off.  I am planning on going with hydraulic lifters but I assume I
still need to warm up the engine in the car before I adjust the valves.  I
read the Tigers United article about modifying the firewall but I would much
rather modify the covers if possible since they are replaceable.  I had
thought about cutting them somehow into two pieces and then molding a gasket
so that they don't leak any oil.  Any ideas?

Nathan Johnson

66 Mark 1A

Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn more.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMT
AGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen1:102009