[Tigers] Tiger expansion bottle

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger expansion bottle
From: "Harry B. Elam" <harryb@elams.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:54:04 -0500
    Some years back I owned a 77 Ford Station Wagon with the 460 Lincoln
engine. Great for towing but could not pass a gas station. Anyway,
towards the end of it's life I was in California and my Tiger was
running a bit warm. I took the overflow bottle from the Ford and mounted
it under the driver side front wheel well. It has been there now for
about 18 years. There was already a hole thru the wheel well so I didn't
have to hack the car. This modification and the installation of a very
dense radiator core from a fork truck solved any heating issues. On the
road I run at or below 190. On fast lap times (for street cars) at
several race tracks I can get the temp over 200 but it doesn't puke. I
have a somewhat stock 260 that was balanced as a hot rot engine, with an
experimental grind 302 cam, roller tip rockers and an F4B with Holly 600
cfm from SS.  Dyno's about 200 and is  great at low RPM torque. I love
to embarrass Corvettes.
Harry Elam
B382000471