[Tigers] Aluminum heads recommendations

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Aluminum heads recommendations
From: Nathan Johnson <vesselofgrace@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 03:19:35 +0000
I am just about to replace the 289 hipo in my Tiger and was looking for input
on what heads to put on a 302 block.  I figure I should go with roller rockers
and cam for easy horsepower and efficency and it seems to be the general
consensus that aluminum heads are worth the price to take weight off the front
end and add more power.  My first concern is which heads are compatible with
the stock exhaust manifolds and my F4 intake?  Second, I am not trying to make
my kitty into a drag strip lion (still needs to be safe for the lead foot wife
to drive...), so what are some reasonable priced heads to make 250-300 HP
without going to headers?  In response to my last post about valve cover
modifications, I was told that using proform roller rockers should allow
enough clearance to get my valve covers off without removing the engine
mounts.  Has anyone found other roller rockers that will also allow this kind
of clearance?  Thanks for the help.

Nathan

66' Mark 1A

http://www.bing.com/search?q=restaurants&form=MFESRP&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_M