Re: [Tigers] Con rods

To: "'Athena Scott'" <ascott@globalplastics.co.zw>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Con rods
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 09:26:58 -0500
Derek
        The 62/63 con rod casting # is C2OE-A; the beam of this con rod
visually narrows from the crank end to the piston end.

The 63, 289 con rod casting # is C3AE-D; this con rod was used on the 64,
260/ 289 and from 65 to 68, 289.
The beam of this con rod is straight and measures .68".

The beam is looking line of sight straight across the 2 connecting bolts not
looking at the crank or piston pin openings.   The con rod casting # is near
the crank end between the 2 ribs.

The majority of Tiger 260 engines do not have these con rods possibly all of
them but I don't know that for sure.
Non of the B948 series Tigers would have the C2OE con rod

Ron Fraser