Re: [Tigers] Drop Spindles /raked cars

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Drop Spindles /raked cars
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:38:05 -0800
Rake/Gravity. Yes, and let us not forget that same raked gravity overloads
the SU fuel pump, stresses lower fulcrum pins (that one probably is for
real) and by gosh, I think even has some loosening effect on the cars I.D.
plate rivets!  Had (raked) Tigers come with cup holders I'm sure Lattes
would be would be dripping over the rim.  So, while there may be implied
mileage advantages to rake the disadvantages sure seem to offset the gain.
Lastly, if you still insist upon rake, make sure to adjust your horn block
off plates to compensate for the new angle.
All in fun of course.  :-)
Tom