Re: [Tigers] Pawn Stars

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pawn Stars
From: "John Dillman" <John.Dillman@PUBLICANS.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:36:29 -0600
I watched that program with interest, too.  Having built a Kirkham Cobra
(and Shelby at least at one time was using Kirkham rollers and turning
them into Shelbys . .. ) and looked at a bunch of the real things . .. I
found the whole thing a little funny.  They were very careful what they
called the car . ..  a real 1965 or whatever Cobra, but in the Shelby
work that apparently doesn't mean it has any age . . . And the
suspension parts were definitely not the original configuration and
finish.  My guess it that it was a never finished "continuation" body. A
really neat toy (that I would have built differently) but not the real
deal, at least not to me . . . My thinking when I saw the show was that,
had it been an original 45 year old body . . .. they would have built
the car as an original Cobra in every way, and instead it turned out
like a continuation car.  Again, a nice toy, but not a piece of history.

John Dillman