Re: [Tigers] What did you do in the War, daddy?

To: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>, Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What did you do in the War, daddy?
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:00:35 -0500
Congrats on your achievements Steve. I was watching
a show on Smithsonian Channel this week about the expansion
of the Air and Space museum. It was a great reminder of how
fast the United States can move when it needs or wants to.

66 years from Kitty Hawk to Tranquility Base on the moon. Incredible.

My Dad was a Marine in the Pacific in WWII and came home to finish
an engineering degree. He worked till he died in Aerospace for
TRW, Martin, Douglass and Convair. He was involved in Skylab and
Voyager. Most of the time he was on classified projects and we didn't
know what he was doing. At his funeral in 1986 two co-workers
came forward and said they still couldn't say what he was doing at the end but
phrased it has "he was working on good stuff not bad stuff"
I assumed they meant the SDI or star wars project but probably will never know.

Steve R
B9473720