Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 11 (oil pump)

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 11 (oil pump)
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:58:24 -0800 (PST)
Late as always to the oil pump talk -

For the SB Ford the weak point in the system is the hex drive. I can tell you
first hand that when they twist off you can only run 20-30 seconds full
throttle before the engine will seize up ;). Also any one that I have talked to
about SBF pumps for racing engines seem to sway towards high volume not the
high pressure pumps and never use a stock pump drive shaft in HP applications
(Get an ARP or other high grade one). I brought this up before but the lines on
the tiger oil systems are not something I would use on any performance motor
that is used hard. I would say -10's would be minimum as I think the tigers
stock is -8 and not high flow hose or fittings for that matter. I try to run
-12 line for oil stuff works great except if the oil pump shaft fails...

Lots of 2 cents -)

Sandy