Re: [Tigers] engine installing and steering rack

To: owain lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] engine installing and steering rack
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:07:37 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Owain,
Yes, left it in including wheels, rack, brake lines, alignment(!).
You probably could do it too.  This was the first time I did because
it was the first time I had my lift.

I left the water pump and damper/pulley on too.
Of course I did remove the radiator, alternator and the headers.
I think it only makes it worse but I do have a regular Mustang T-5
tranny so I had to remove my custom tranny tunnel cover and the
shifter from the T-5.  I did remove the carb and distributor cap and
wires just so they wouldn't get damaged.
I built a custom dolly to hold the engine/trans that just rolls under
the car and then the lift lowers the car over it.  Then I use the engine
hoist to lift the front of the engine up and forward and the floor
jack to raise the tranny, slide them both back, push, shove, wiggle
and bolt em back in..

Gary