Re: [Tigers] Six Blade Cooling Fan

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Six Blade Cooling Fan
From: Mark Burnett <2mbb@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 20:16:14 -0800 (PST)
I purchased a six blade (non-flex) Derale fan from National Parts Depot for
$35 (Derale p/n 17315).  It is a 15" diameter fan and looks like the period
fans.  I'm pretty sure it cleared my steering rack, but the blade pitch was
such that it would not clear my aluminum radiator.  So I had to take it off.
If you are interested in this installed-but-never-used fan let me know.  mbb.

I've been trying to figure out which fan to buy to improve the cooling of my
engine.  I know there was a fan with part number C9DZ-8600-A that supposedly
fit, but I have not found a single one for sale. Are there other fans out
there that would fit the stock Tiger setup? I once heard something about a
Volvo fan, but  don't know.  What are the specifications I should be looking
for?  Any advice would be highly appreciated!  Mauro