Re: [Tigers] Tiger Pulley Part Number

To: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Pulley Part Number
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 15:20:18 -0700
MAURO D'ANGELO wrote:
> All,  I need the part number of the Tiger pulleys, mainly the lower one by
> the balancer.  We're trying to figure out if the one we have is from a Tiger
> or some other car.  The part has a number C40E and under that is A1.  Does
> this sound like it is the right one?  Thanks.  Mauro
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

You'll know if it's right, by how close it comes to wiping out the
steering rack tube.  It should only have one sheave, and about 1" offset
from the balancer flange to the center of the sheave. Its outer diameter
is about 5.5 or 6 inches. Most other Ford pulleys have a deeper offset
and they won't leave enough clearance between the rack tube and the
pulley. The correct one allows you to remove the water pump belt without
having to crush it (too much) between the rack and the pulley.

Theo