[Tigers] Holbay engine help

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>, Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Holbay engine help
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 16:02:14 -0400
 IHi Tony:

Pheew, that's quite a story!

I don't know anything about Holbays (what's a Holbay??) but I do know about
pistons.

I had a set of custom forged pistons made by
http://www.jepistons.com/LatestNews.aspx (Watch the cool video!)

I blew up a couple on my MGB, and sent them the dimensions of my engine (bore,
stroke, cyl. head volume, etc) and gave them my compression ratio requirements
for the supercharger (8:1) and when installed they measured 7.998:1 with a
burette on the assembled engine. Can't beat that! I'm sure there are other
mfrs. that can do it as well. I have Keith Black off-the-shelf forged pistons
in my Tiger....

Cost was reasonable too: IIRC it was in the vicinity of $850 for the set of
four. Things of beauty they were. Too bad we couldn't make an engine of
see-thru material so we could drool over the cool parts....

Best of luck with the Holbay search!

Cheers,

Dave
original cast vs custom JP forged

Tony said:

I know it uses a different head and of course the cam isnt the same or even the
 intake and it uses flat head pistons to raise compression. There is prolly an
 American flat head piston that would work BUT thats a guess and wishful
 thinking ANY information on the similarities or the differences between the
 Holbay and the stock 1725 know to our members would be appreciated.Feel free
 to contact me off list
 Thanks in advance
 TtT

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of cast
Hepolite vs custom forged pistons.jpg]