Re: [Tigers] Holbay engine help

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Holbay engine help
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:55:51 +1100
Tony,

The blocks are the same.. no worries there.. I would not be so concerned
about building a holbay motor.. you can modify a stock alpine setup to be
better thana stock holbay.

The H120 and GLS motors had:

Head:
smaller intakes, sodium filled valaves (same size as stock) kidney shaped
combustion chambers.
Cam+ igntion:
different cam and distributor to stock 1725.. also E128 cam available..
gives the orginal intended 120hp
Pistons:
Hepolite flat tops with differnt rings NLA
Sump:
Alloy finned same as US spec alpine GT's (fastbacks)
intake:
tapered manifold with 2 x 40DCOE webers (special to holbay top breathing
with extended auilery venturis) Also the eninge was a slanted setup s the
manifold has to be cut and shut to work on a vertical motor.

I have lots of info on how to build a nice 1725.. the comon way and best to
go in the USA:

1725.. balanced and blueprinted.
chev 6 cyl rods
venolia custom pistons with chev pins
head with vizard modified combustion chambers 3 angle valve grind
delta camshaft KB grind for good street performance
delta refinished rockes
there are lots of other detail stuff and variations depending on budget..
but this would be a good strong reliable and peppy motor.. and is a well
known path amoung alpine people.

If you want a really good bolt in motor with all the tricks and extra if you
want speak to James Ellis (Jim E) from the alpine boards.. i can give you
his details fi you want.. lots of happy customers.

--
Regards

Michael King