Re: [Tigers] Accelerator Cable linkage

To: Alan Zeni <tiger@missiongranite.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Accelerator Cable linkage
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 09:08:30 -0800 (PST)
My Mk1 has a piece or round pencil rod. It has all the bends and does away
with the cable It is an improvement although not orginal BUT I wont ever brake
a cable and have to rig up something to pull by hand in order to accelerate.
Years ago I used a cable from another Engliash car- I was working part time at
a place called "World Wide Imports"I bought my first Tiger from the owner- his
personal car. I dont recall what model car I robbed the cable from BUT I used
the stock housing and inserted a longer cable. I have a bike shop near my
house- IF I needed cable I would see him, as Im certain he has it on rolls- U
can sodder the ends to stop it from raveling if you choose but I think they
also have ends that slide on and then crimp. Just some thoughts.
TtT