Re: [Tigers] Accelerator Cable linkage

To: Alan Zeni <tiger@missiongranite.com>, Tony Somebody
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Accelerator Cable linkage
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:00:56 -0800 (PST)
There is an old tech tip somewhere that said motor cycle shops carry
wire cables and can make them to length.  Try there.

The Holley 600 on my F4B fits great.  The accelerator cables was
to short too.  So I found a hole on the linakage that worked the throttle
but was too small. I enlarged the hole with a drill.  The cable fit
perfectly.  Even room for the little cotter key.

Worldwide went out of business in 1984.  A Parts Supplier in Wisconsin
bought everything he had at a cheap price.

Ratty old place stocked with NOS parts.  Not so much Tiger Just Rootes.
There was a new Lucas battery on the shelf.  Never used and came with
acid to activate it. The last place in Chicago that you could get NOS parts.

I once discovered a small box of NOS ignition keys that said ROOTES
on one side.  Some had Chrylser penastars on the other.  I bought
20 on consignment and took them to the Toronto United.  I was
asking my cost $10 a key.  I sold two.  Uncle Wally said 'These
people don't know what the're looking at'.  I gave Wally two and
returned the rest.  A few years later everything went to Wisconsin.
I tried to get the keys but they couldn't be found.  They are probably
being used on a snowblower now.