Re: [Tigers] Is this a Bogus Tiger?

To: <spook01@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Is this a Bogus Tiger?
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 22:29:48 -0500
Sorry.  What does, 3the body is the correct configuration2 mean?  The Alpine
also has a correct body  configuration!  :-)  I think anything can be added
or removed to an Alpine body to 3make it a Tiger2.  I guess the question is
whether it was done in the factory.   My gut feeling (nothing else) is that
I would at least be cautious with this one.  Forget the exhaust.  With no
VIN tag, no JAL tag, badge issues, so much sheet metal replaced to include
the trunk floor, badge issues, and with Alpine specific parts in the car,
I9d certainly look very carefully at Tiger specific spots to be sure.  I9m
asking, for example, why put an Alpine steering wheel in if the wooden Tiger
were no good?  I mean, why go from flimsy to flimsy?  it would seems more
3normal2 to have a Momo, Nardi, or Motolita in it, especially if the guy
intended to track it.  Just seems odd to me, that9s all.  It9s just my own
opinion.  Everyone9s got one!  This may be a Tiger, I don9t know.  I was
just hoping to hear what others think.  Cheers.

On 2/8/10 9:56 PM, "spook01@comcast.net" <spook01@comcast.net> wrote:

> all that stuff unscrews.  the body is the correct configuration.  if you
took
> 15 tigers and looked at them, there would be 10 types of exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-1965-sunbeam-tiger-texas-no-rust_

W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1007a8e9QQitemZ120528021737QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTru