Re: [Tigers] inside a hardtop...darkly

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] inside a hardtop...darkly
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:58:54 -0700
When I had my Tiger hardtop rust repaired last year I installed some
thick foam installation on the hardtop above the headliner. I also had
the windows tinted; the back and "flipper" windows at 60% tint and the
door windows at 40% tint. It made a big difference in interior
temperatures last summer and improved my Tiger air conditioning from
blowing pretty cool most of the time, to icy cold even in 100+ degree
weather. My wife Jane's main complaint on our travels in the Tiger last
summer was "It's too cold in here". Music to my ears!

As for the roof insulation, I missed installing the insulation on about
three inches just behind the front of the hard top. In very hot weather
if you push the headliner up to the uninsulated section, it's so hot you
can barely keep your hand there. Just behind that where it's insulated,
it's nice and cool.

If you do decide to do the window tint, which definitely helps a lot
too, most tint shops will tell you that you can't tint plexiglass. I
just kept calling until a shop said they could, they did, and it came
out great.

Steve Sage

Database version: 6.14350