Re: [Tigers] LAT bonnets and aston vanquish

To: slaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] LAT bonnets and aston vanquish
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:23:52 -0800
NACA ducts are boundary layer ducts. One of the features tha makes them
work, and is hardly evr discussed, is the fact that at the rear the
upper surface is an airfoil shape. That is to accelerate the air to
increase efficiency.  People have tried them backwards thinking that if
the work well th epointy end forward as an intake they shoul work well
with the pointy end backwards. I don't believe these are very
successful, but, I could be wrong.   The Sunbeam may get one for the
turbo intake next year if speeds are not up to my goal this coming year.
The inlet would fit flush with the hood and feed an air box with the
turbo's air filter inside.

mayf