Re: [Tigers] Tiger Oil Breather Cap

To: "'MAURO D'ANGELO'" <m_dangelo@verizon.net>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Oil Breather Cap
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:04:45 -0800
Hi Mauro

There's been a guy on Flea-bay that seems to have an endless supply although
he doesn't have one up for auction right now. His 'nic' is orr4sale ... He
also regularly sells Fairmont reduced diameter water pump pulleys... Other
than that, if your cruisin' the junkyards, I've been told that there is
another early Ford ( truck? ) breather that is the same only the tube is 900
up but can be very carefully rotated down to the 'Tiger' position...
Sad that all the older cars have been crushed as it was a great source for
parts...
You had asked a while back about soft tops .... I just received a 'Sun-fast'
cloth ( vs vinyl )top ( made by Robbins ) from Sunbeam Specialties for my
MK1A . It was a special order @ $633 vs about $300 for the vinyl ones...
Looks incredible although somewhat different than stock... for the purists I
was told that the exact MK1A fabric is unobtainium anyway although the MK1
material can still be had according to Rick at SS.

Jim
B382000446