Re: [Tigers] Repro Hood

To: <rspontelli@earthlink.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Repro Hood
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 07:36:21 -0400
I have one of Kent Wilcox's hoods on my Tiger.  It's very nice. I still have
to have it fitted properly.  Kent makes his hoods slightly oversized to
ensure they will fit on Tigers with slightly differing dimensions.
Particularly, the length (fore to aft) is greater than necessary for my car.
Clearly, since the dimensions of Tigers are not all the same across the
board, it could mean that, with the over-sizing of his hoods, Kent accounts
for cars that may have been wrecked and repaired.  Alternatively, the Rootes
factory assembly line was manned by some slightly sober Englishmen, making
the finished dimensions of the cars approximately the same, but not exactly.
Anyway, the bottom line is that Kent, with his long experience in
fabricating panels for aerospace applications, make a super fine LAT hood.
Cheers.  Mauro