Re: [Tigers] cam exchange

To: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] cam exchange
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:25:51 -0500
The other way to do that is you can break the core ceramic parts out of a
spark plug, and thread it for an air hose fitting. Then you pressurize the
cylinder to keep the valves up. Putting each cylinder at TDC when you do it is
also a good idea because then you're on the heel of the cam.

And if you have 16 magnetic wands then you don't even need to pull the intake
manifold... pull the rockers, take out the pushrods, and then use the magnetic
wands to hold the lifters up while you pull the cam. If you want to replace
the lifters, though, I don't think you have a choice but to pull the heads.

Cheers,
Theo

>  I read somewhere that you can stuff string into the cylinder via the
> sparkplug hole.  Then you crank the engine to bring up the cylinder to
> TDC.
> The string will keep the valves from dropping.  That may be one way
> around
> having to take of the heads.
>

>                                           Jeff

---
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.