Re: [Tigers] Auto lift

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Auto lift
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:20:43 -0400
Jim,
I've helped several friends assemble various lifts over the years, I
agree that the BendPak lifts offer good value for the money, they are
only about $500 more than the imports and the two I've assembled went
together without much hassle, and both units seemed pretty stout. They
also make a narrow version for smaller cars. I am considering buying one
as well.

http://www.asedeals.com/garage_lift.html

There are a bunch of super-cheap import ones from eBay and places like
Harbor Freight, they include all sorts of "free" accessories to entice
you. I helped a friend build one he bought from a established eBay
seller over the winter. It took a grinder and my TIG welder to make it
go together, the fit was that poor. He was only using it for winter
storage, so it may be OK, but I saw a noticeable difference in the
pulley systems, locking system, and the hydraulic package over the
USA-made units. Not sure if I'd want to be under it when pulling and
yanking a motor back into my Tiger.

Just one engineer's opinion.

Bugz