[Tigers] BON, TAC...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] BON, TAC...
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:26:40 -0400
This stream of consciousness, and right now, it's just a trickle.

I have been asked by a Rhode Island buddy to have Norm weigh in on the urban
legend that another form of BON is in the works. As this went to press, the
answer is:

"
I am sloooooooooooooly working on a TBON companion.  Currently involved with
a chapter titled "INVISIBLE INK".

Norm"

Count the o's before you get riled up (this is Rande speaking).

I checked my SS invoice from 1994 for my copy of BON. $58.00 before shipping.

Some others posted that other rare makes have been much more freer with
authentification
information, and feel free to give me your view on this. I make a
distinction(sp)
between information you need as a Tiger owner to be fairly judged for a
concours,
and knowledge the TAC folks use to inspect Tigers for certification

They're not concerned with whether your clock is correct, or the courtesy light
has the correct patina. They just need to see enough evidence that your car
travelled down the Jensen assembly line to be assembled as a Tiger. I think
the guidelines they use should be kept within the committee. They're not out
to make you feel bad or impune your car. In almost all cases, YOU have to
initiate
a TAC inspection, they're not going to start the process.

I have to feel that people in the genuine Cobra, Ford GT, and 911R factions(I've
mentioned these only because I'm personally interested in them)have some
recognized
expert to assist in the provenance of these cars, and I wouldn't be surprised
if the expert kept their criteria to themselves.

Mauro, I'm glad you found the Tiger list, and I know all of us will be willing
to help with any parts or information needs you have. And Carlo, we expect to
see you at British Car Day on June 6 in Brookline,MA, or we'll need a note from
your doctor.

RB

RB