Re: [Tigers] A BOT (Book of TAC)

To: tigers@autox.team.net, rande@thecia.net, Carlo Bernardino
Subject: Re: [Tigers] A BOT (Book of TAC)
From: <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:03:10 +0000
Carlo, and Tigers,

I seem to have been most fortunate to purchase "TBON", new, from Rick at
Sunbeam Specialities, when I first got my car.  I paid about $25 for it.  In
today's inflation that's probably equivalent to 100's of dollars.  Remember -
gas had dramatically increased in cost to $0.70/gal.

Amongst the list of LAT options, on TigersUnited.com, you will find this
tribute:

"Norman Miller, in his excellent "The Book of Norman" (TBON), as well as
others, have discussed the departure from International Automobiles Inc. of the
"LAT" man, Richard Wheatley, and his subsequent employment at Traction Masters.
Traction Masters was the authorized supplier of LAT parts, such as the traction
bars (LAT-5, LAT-6) and the LAT-76 and LAT-77 rear and front shock absorbers.
Traction Masters, with Wheatley on board, sold many other items using a "LAT"
number that were not sold through International Automobiles, and may not
deserve the legal use of the name, uncontested apparently, but certainly they
were using the spark plug behind the LAT program."

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_service/lat.asp

http://www.tigersunited.com/history/pioneers.asp

http://www.tigersunited.com/classifieds/

As well as others.  Don't hassle Norman for the current price of his valuable
tome, it is strictly the law of supply and demand - NOT Norman selling reprints.

Steve