Re: [Tigers] Chrome H/L rims and mldg clips

To: tigers@autox.team.net, rande@thecia.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Chrome H/L rims and mldg clips
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 16:24:57 -0700 (PDT)
When I will put my side molding back on, I do what an old
CAT tip recommended.  Go down to the hardware store and buy
small stainless machine screws whose head fits in the
molding lot.

Put the molding in place and slide the screws until you
get to their hole.  I added nuts with split ring washers and
washers.  I finger tightened verything until I was happy.
Once happy I conched the nutts but not so hard to
hurt the paint.

You can get to all the nuts from inside the car.  The only
one that was a problem was the small strip on the front
fender.  I used a SS type fasteners I got at a VW dealer.

New time I may use nylon machine screws.  Their
nuts look like they won't looser.

Dave