Re: [Tigers] Dimensions of Water pump for 289

To: "MAURO D'ANGELO" <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dimensions of Water pump for 289
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:24:43 -0400
Mauro,

If you're looking to replace the water pump you might order one from Rick at
SS. It says "cast iron" but it isn't. Aluminum, I think, very light compared
to the old Ford pump I had on the car. It fits the 289 timing cover exactly.

I measure 5 1/4" from the mounting surface to the front of the hub - pulley
& fan removed. With everything installed - fan, crank pulley, alternator -
the belt lines up exactly (as opposed to the Ford pump which had the flange
too far forward so the belt was out of alignment).

Tom