[Tigers] Rear bearing replacement (not hub-pull content)

To: Tiger email list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Rear bearing replacement (not hub-pull content)
From: <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:12:48 +0000
Happy Monday all,

Just ran through he archives again reference the rear bearing replacement.  I
have the bearing and seals from SS.  I am picking up a hub-pulling tool I had
made at lunch. Here are the questions that are still not clear.

Once the axle is out (I have a HUGE slid-hammer), how do I get the old bearing
off the axle?  I plan on using the freezer and boiling water to put the new
bearing on.

I also plan on using in the same spacers that come off each axle to go right
back on with the new bearings.

Installing the axle with new bearing, how does one "press" the axle back in?

Thanks for any clarity here, I want to do a minor road trip on Saturday but
don't what to screw up my car not be able to make it.

Duke
B382002037