Re: [Tigers] Tiger oil cap

To: David or Gary <wwwdg@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger oil cap
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:43:28 -0700
Although I can't find the picture I wanted from Dealer, or Distributor
literature,  I do find the description on teh Dealer's Confidential
Price List from R. G. Wheatley, head of the Sunbeam Tiger Division of
the Sunbeam Distributer, International Motors. :

"LAT 2   Dress-up Kit includes: Polished Aluminum Rocker Covers, Chrome
Dipstick, Air Cleaner (chrome), Radiator Cap, & Filler Cap.  Dealer Net:
$66 , List Price: $86"

on TigersUnited.com:

http://tigersunited.com/resources/parts_service/pp-pricelist.asp

Another factor, various States that had stronger emissions requirements
often specified closed breather cap to vent through the intake.
California was one.  England was NOT, as well as many US States. This
could compound what the distributor had to do to his products before
sale.  So, actual distributer practice would differ.

Thanks to David and Gary Franchi for this document.

Steve Laifman

Editor

http://TigersUnited.com