Re: [Tigers] Ankle safety - Bellhousing Alignment

To: "'Dave Munroe'" <dave@munroe.ca>, "'Joel Martin'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ankle safety - Bellhousing Alignment
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:50:31 -0700
Hi Dave /Joel
That Dan is a walking encyclopaedia of toploaders  lol!   His shop hours are
noon to midnite ! ... for the Ausies who buy a lot of his stuff . I bought a
real nice repro early Cobra shift handle for the Hurst linkage on my
toploader ... looked great! ... but now on the shop floor after the T5
transplant...
You're right about the alignment... my toploeader had the wrong ( smaller
o.d. ) bearing retainer and didn't pilot in the Lakewood properly ... chewed
the ring gear off!  I also got a set of dowel pins/sleeves from him and
dialled the whole thing in proper.

Jim
B382000446