[Tigers] front suspension and alignment

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] front suspension and alignment
From: "Brad Huff" <huffb@southslope.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 20:17:44 -0500
Years ago when I went through my front suspension on my MK 1A, I relocated my
upper a arm pivot points as was recommended for better cornering. The geometry
would keep the tire footprint on the ground in a hard corner due to further
increasing negitave camber as the car rolled in the turn.  The only problem
was that the upper a arm was then too short to get the wheel back to somewhere
around zero camber while at rest. So I live with approx 1-5/8 neg camber. I
have a couple of questions for the group.

1) Is this still done at all, and if not how does one compensate for the
increasing positive camber purposely designed into the system to make the car
push in a turn? I really don't know if stock geometry and fat sway bars are
the answer.
2) Is there any negitive effects of this a arm relocation other than the
inability to get zero camber at rest?
3) Would there be any value to having custom length upper a arms made to get
the "best of both worlds"?
4) I have installed the MG rack conversion that cuts the ackerman angle
problem roughly in half, what toe settings are you using?
5) What do you guys feel the ideal front end alignment specs are?

Thank you in advance.-Brad