Re: [Tigers] Nitrogen filled tire fad

To: "Sandy Ganz" <sganz@pacbell.net>, "Alvin Johnson"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Nitrogen filled tire fad
From: "Pointers" <gpointer@telusplanet.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 11:57:21 -0500
Great information Sandy.
The primary benefit is steady pressure given my climate. The severe drop in
temp can cause an already low tire to lose poundage to the extent the bead
breaks free resulting in a flat tire in a Northern Alberta temperature that
would cause many on this list to shudder (including me!). Yes, the tires were
new when they filled them, but I'm going to ask them about the water based
tire slop during mounting, which I'm sure is the case.

Gary.