Re: [Tigers] 7/16" to 1/2" wheel studs

To: "Jerry & Maureen (Mo)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 7/16" to 1/2" wheel studs
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:24:24 -0400
Good point, Jerry, especially given the tire footprints we're dealing with.

The more rubber we put on the ground the more stress we put on the hubs.
So... why not change the hubs? My point: has anyone found, or is anyone
building five lug hubs for the Salisbury / Dana 44 tapered axles? Or is
there an axle made for the Dana with welded hubs?. (I'm an OLD Ford guy,
stuck in the fifties... and I'm not particularly interested in putting a
shortened Ford 9" rear under my '67.)

I know Dale has front and rear disk brake conversions, but they're four
bolt.

Tom