Re: [Tigers] Upper Ball Joint

To: Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Upper Ball Joint
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:55:26 -0700
Joe, and Tigers,

There are a number of suggestions on replacing upper ball joints in the
Technical Tips section of retained e-mails:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-frontsusp.asp

 From *Bob Palmer*'s post:

/Some from this thread: "Glad you asked this question Jim, because I
have an excellent answer. Go to your local *Toyota dealer *and get two
*"Dust Seals" part number 45479-30030. *When I bought two in June of '96
they cost $7.99 each. Even if you buy new upper ball joints, throw the
original boots away and get these. They will last a whole lot longer
than the notoriously bad British rubber that comes with their upper ball
joints (as your experience confirms).

If you want lower ball joint boots, try the ones for a Type II VW bus,
part number 211405-375. Again, these are much better than what
originally comes with the lower ball joints. Now, I could also give you
a link with the word "ball joint" in the URL, but you all know how
dangerous that could be. However, don't let me inhibit you from trying
it on your own.

Bob/

<http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tt-frontsusp.asp>Other
references can be found with the "SEARCH" engine, hot-linked on every
page, on the top menu bar.

First, I would check out Sunbeam Specialties for their latest offerings:

http://www.rootes.com/

and Curt's Classic Sunbeam Auto Parts:

http://classicsunbeam.com/

"Seek, and ye shall find"