Re: [Tigers] Upper Ball Joint

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Upper Ball Joint
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 01:31:58 -0700 (PDT)
Joe, not sure about the circlips, but SS  should have an answer IF you can
catch Rick as his employee is also Rick. Seems to me the last ones I installed
came with the circlips BUT my memory isnt very good. The grease coming out. If
it didnt come out, was sealed, you would burst the ruber boot when greasing,
as you wouldnt know the joint was full, so the design allows grease to squirt
out once it is full of lube. I would imangine the ball joint was prelubed and
therefore you saw grease rather quickly.Also if the prementioned rubber is
still available with provided part numbers I think it would be a good
investment.
TonytheTiger