Re: [Tigers] Shifter Installation (and engine R&R to-do list)

To: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shifter Installation (and engine R&R to-do list)
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 20:15:58 -0400
I just went through that this past weekend with my Hurst shifter.  I had to
remove the transmission mount and drop the transmission down, and I had to
remove the Hurst backing plate and install it first (there's a captive
bolt...). I may have had to remove the outer shift rod, I don't recall...
(it was a frustrating job, but do-able.)

I think the original Ford shifter would be easier; you may have to remove
the shift lever, but it isn't as bulky as the Hurst.

Tom