Re: [Tigers] Shifter Installation (and engine R&R to-do list)

To: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shifter Installation (and engine R&R to-do list)
From: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:38:32 -0400
Yeah.  I was looking at it today and it seems like that would be necessary
to install the Hurst.  I think I will wait to get the hiccup with my Hurst
to be resolved before installing it all.  The original Ford shifter is
really tight (unworn), though.  I9m wondering, is the Hurst really much
different?  I hear they are really great.

On 6/9/10 8:15 PM, "Tom Parker" <tkparker1941@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just went through that this past weekend with my Hurst shifter.  I had to
> remove the transmission mount and drop the transmission down, and I had to
> remove the Hurst backing plate and install it first (there's a captive
> bolt...). I may have had to remove the outer shift rod, I don't recall...
(it
> was a frustrating job, but do-able.)
>
> I think the original Ford shifter would be easier; you may have to remove
the
> shift lever, but it isn't as bulky as the Hurst.
>

> Tom
>
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Would U. Believe <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>> Hi all.  I should probably spend more time under my Tiger...  I am
wondering
>> if it's possible to install a shifter onto a Toploader while installed in
>> the car.  I've delayed the installation of my engine and transmission due
>> a little hiccup with my Hurst shifter.  I have the original shifter on
right
>> now and am wondering if I can go ahead and install it, then change it out
>> down the road. Does anyone know offhand?
>>
>> I know someone sent this in a previous email, which I can't locate, but
I'm