[Tigers] Now what do I do?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Now what do I do?
From: Gyroplanes@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:30:54 EDT
Hi Everyone,
I have been occasionally posting and lurking for the last 10 years or so
(mostly lurking) Just checking the list every month or so. Now I'm back and
checking daily.

My Tiger project stalled when I lost my job in 1995.
I have relit the flame and took a plunge yesterday, I'll explain.

My Tiger is ready for reassembly (I need help with this)

I used to belong to several Tiger "clubs" and took their advice to heart..
here is what I did so far.

10 years or more ago:  (engine is out of the car)

I bagged the 260 and bought the recommended 1984 302 (non EFI &  Computer)

I bought the recommended Edelbrock performer low rise intake manifold

I bought the recommended Edelbrock performer carburetor.

Yesterday:

I bought Edelbrock performer RPM aluminum cylinder heads (on sale $975  a
pair, delivered plus a $50.00 rebate and 2 T-shirts from Vic)

I realize I should have asked here before buying the heads. I now wonder if
 my (CATO?) shaved, Tiger valve covers will fit the Edelbrock rocker arms?

Also, I would like to build up the engine with a mild cam. Back-in-the-day,
 I considered a Ford B303 cam. I now realize that things have changed a bit
in  the last 10-15 years and this might not be the best cam kit for a
street driver  with an attention getting idle. What's say you?

My main purpose for the aluminum heads and intake were to reduce front end
weight. I hope this logic wasn't flawed?  Since I am back on the list, I'm
all ears.

Thanks in advance,
Tom Milton
Lansing, IL.