Re: [Tigers] What's the story with this MKII?

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What's the story with this MKII?
From: "Would U. Believe" <porsche911E@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:22:59 -0400
The auction was stopped, but here was the description:

Available for sale is this 1967 Sunbeam Tiger Mark II, VIN B382100231,
Engine No 2015,
JAL 700131. Listed in the Book of Norman.

This car is one of only 536 ever produced, and one of only a few hundred
still in existence.

This car runs great!

Body in good condition.

Original 289 engine in great condition.

Clutch is in very good condition.  Transmission shifts smoothly.

Paint in very good condition, now yellow, was originally orchid green.

Black interior in very good condition. Custom front bra.

Recently serviced.The brakes were completely redone 100 miles ago - all new
hoses and power booster.

Restoration completed about 10 years ago. Photographs of restoration
available.

Unable to confirm exact number of miles on car.

LAT hood and magnesium wheels.

Also new manifolds, new carburetor, air cleaner (K&N) and oil filter.

Original 2 barrel intake, carb and carb spacer , manifolds, air cleaner,
fuel pump, and original valve covers with engine plate available.

Original handbook, service manual, and title documents.

Don9t miss this rare opportunity to own an original 1967 Mark II Sunbeam
Tiger!

$500 non-refundable deposit due within 24 hours of bid closing, payable
through PayPal.  Balance due within 7 days of bid closing, payable by
cashier9s check or money order.

Vehicle sold as-is.  Buyer must pay and  make arrangements for shipping.

Please feel free to email me any questions.  I am available to show the car
if you live nearby.
 1967 Sunbeam Tiger Mark 2 Rootes  NOT an Alpine

The car was pictured parked in front of a WWI era P51 Mustang (I think).

On 6/14/10 7:44 PM, "MGD" <porsche911E@verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi all.  I wonder what the story is with this Mark 2 Tiger on eBay.  I've
> seen it not sell on eBay more than once before.  Claims to be listed in the
> BoN, but I've never had the pleasure to see a copy.  Any info?  Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Tiger-1967-Sunbeam-Tiger-Mark-II-

_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1358f144QQitemZ120583680324QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTr