[Tigers] Tiger Oil Pan

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Oil Pan
From: Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 06:50:14 -0700 (PDT)
Here we go again.  My 1965 289 HP oil pan was pretty beat up, so in the
1980's, I started to buy some parts I thought I might need some day.  Well the
motor is at machine shop - Ron F got me over the timing chain cover issue
YESTERDAY - now on to the oil pan.

I bought a windage tray with the 6 bolts -
part number at home, oil pan DOZZ-6675-A.  Well the machine shop indicates the
oil pump (New Melling with 68 LB stock spring-not high volumne pump) to pickup
screen via the pipe that connects the 2 parts will not line up to the hole in
the bottom of the pan where the screen sits.  This pan has a welded in tray in
the bottom of the pan.  So a little research indicates this pan fits a 69-71
boss 302 or 69-70 Cougar Eliminator.  Deep sump and drain bolt on the side.
Does anyone know if this pan will fit the motor plus work in a 1966 MK1A?
Problems other than pipe, any issues with fitting pan/motor in car - am I back
in the tree again?  Please be kind!

Thanks for all you information,
knowledge.
Joel Martin