[Tigers] 1965 Sunbeam Tiger for Sale - $23,500

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] 1965 Sunbeam Tiger for Sale - $23,500
From: "Peter Laurinaitis" <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 23:49:36 -0400
hey guys, selling one of my tigers, the ad below is self explanatory, figured
id ping the list first, see if any lurkers are interested.  then might post it
to ebay in about a week or so.  let me know if any questions.  pls check out
the gallery pics, link below.  let me know if the link doesnt work for any
reason, and ill email you directly links to the pics.  i tried to price it
fairly and for a quick sale.

cheers

peter

1965 Sunbeam Tiger for Sale - Original Midnight Blue (Paint Code 58) / Light
Blue Interior / VIN B9471987 LRXFE - Priced For Quick Sale - Good Condition -
$23,500

I've owned this Tiger for 5 years.  In the 2005/2006 timeframe, the Tiger
"bug" got the best of me, and I did a bunch of homework/research, and I
purchased three Tigers within a few months.  My red one (primer black prior to
restoration) is now coming off a 4-year bare-metal restoration performed by
Doug Jennings at Tiger Auto.  That one will be a keeper for life.  My light
blue one is a great "10 footer" and since not restored, its fun to blast
around in without fear of stone chips, stray shopping carts, etc.  More
importantly, the wife (as well as myself) loves the color of it, so ill hang
onto it for a bit longer.  That brings me to the subject of this email/ad.
Given I feel like I need to downsize my growing collection of toys/interests,
especially in light of a soon-to-come addition to the family, my dark blue
Tiger (technically Midnight Blue code 58) will be put up for sale.  Each time
I bought a Tiger, I emailed Norm Miller (keeper of the registry) to make sure
he knew of the Tiger I was looking at.  I also compared everything I knew to
look for to my light blue Tiger which the prior owner had TAC'd.  So I can
represent the dark blue Tiger I am selling is a real Tiger.  Feel free to
check the registry or with Norm (sorry Norm, if you get a bunch of emails, Ill
have to make it up to you at the next Tiger event).

My time is pretty limited these days, but I can work with folks to schedule an
inspection on weekends, as needed.  I am motivated to get a sale done quickly
just to save time, and I can be a bit flexible, but I am not in financial
distress, so please don't bother with lowball offers, or any funky complicated
payment schemes (ie, no payment routed through a Nigerian bank, etc.).  Ill
need cash in hand or a wire transfer received by my bank before releasing the
car.  I have a clear title in had ready to sign over.  The car is located in a
small town about 10 miles from Newburgh, NY.  Its has been stored indoors
under cover, and has been driven probably every month in the warm months, and
never during my tenure taken outdoors in the winter or rain.

Now onto the Tiger itself.  I would describe this Tiger as in good/unrestored
condition, and has been repainted some time ago with a fair/ok quality paint
job (not excellent, and showing its age a bit).  The car looks great at 10
feet, and in my opinion the midnight blue with light blue interior is very
sharp (and I believe somewhat rare), and best I can tell (by paint code and by
looking at the color under the dash, and behind original stickers), both
colors are original.  Black convertible top in great shape.  The car runs
solid and everything works, though the right window crank stopped working, I
purchased a replacement winder mechanism, just have not had the time to
replace it.  I have driven it all around the backroads of upstate New York,
but that said, this is a 45 year old car, so id recommend having your own
mechanic go through all the systems and peform a safety check before hitting
the road for 1,000 miles to the next Tiger United event.  I can't see any rust
perforation on the exterior body of the car itself, though as is typical for a
Tiger, there is surface rust on the bottom of the car.  There is in the left
rear corner of the trunk a rust hole the size of a silver dollar that the
prior owner sealed with what I suspect is POR15 or the like.  That seems to
have stopped it and it doesn't seem to be spreading.  Not my choice of method
to repair, but that seems like the extent of it in the trunk.  Also, in the
category of "not my approach to repair", a prior owner reinforced the muffler
cutouts in X-section of the frame with thick steel, as these cutouts were
subject to rust.  That's most of the major warts I can think of.  I don't want
to waste your time or my time, so I'd rather have buyers have a clear and
accurate, if not conservative, description of the car.  On the positive side,
this Tiger can be used as-is for years to come, looks great, and drives well.
And when you are ready, can make a great restoration candidate down the road
(or sooner), given the great color combination.  The engine pulls strong and
hard, clutch works as it should, and tranny and steering works great.  Brakes
work fine, but a bit spongy, I'd have them checked out and bled to get to peak
performance.  Bottom line, this is a solid Tiger with a little bit of rust in
a few spots underneath, but surprisingly clean as unrestored Tigers go.  But
as always with old cars, I recommend seeing it or having someone inspect it, I
can describe it best I can, but everyone has their own perceptions of what
they see, so please review photos carefully and/or inspect it live.

Here is a link to a gallery of photos of the car:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/peter212/1965%20Sunbeam%20Tiger%20For%
20Sale%20-%20June%202010/

I'm new to posting galleries like this, so email me if you cant access the
gallery.  Please feel free to email me with any questions.  I work long hours,
so email (laurin212@yahoo.com) is best for me to respond, but if you would
like to talk live, please leave me a message on my cel phone 917-626-2148.

Regards,

Peter Laurinaitis