Re: [Tigers] Mk 1 for Sale - HOSE CLAMPS

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <slaifman@socal.rr.com>, "'Dan Fitzgerald'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mk 1 for Sale - HOSE CLAMPS
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 15:46:20 -0400
Steve
        You are correct about the hose clamps.  The original hose clamps on
the Tiger engine were a combination of double wire, band, single wire, Ford
tower and cotter pin band clamps.

        The band clamp on the small hose to the header tank is period
correct, I believe, and so is a double wire clamp.  I have not determined
the exact clamp used in this position or if there is a transition date from
one to the other.   Dan has a band clamp on the heater valve which is
exactly the type of clamp I'm trying to determine is still available
anywhere.  Dan also has the correct cotter pin clamp on the brake booster.

        If anyone knows the part number and source of the band clamp for the
heater valve hoses; please pass it along.

        I believe Rootes went to the wood dash, the GT Alpine dash, to
upgrade the interior package for the Tiger and add more differences between
the two models.   I would also guess that they got a better price for
increasing the quantity of wood dashes produced.

Ron Fraser