Re: [Tigers] re-chroming bumpers

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] re-chroming bumpers
From: "Tiger Man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:37:31 -0600
I've always been curious about how much chroming costs, thanks for letting
us know.

Does that include all the prep costs?  I've heard that the parts have to be
looking perfect before they are chromed, or you will see it in the end
result.  I am assuming then that 40+ year old previously chromed parts need
some prep work before hand?

So do they still do true 'chroming'?  I though that the old process used
some nasty chemicals and many places now offer some other finish or process
that isn't quite as nasty to be around.

Just curious

Thanks,
Steve