[Tigers] "POS" carb

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: [Tigers] "POS" carb
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:15:43 -0400
I m sorting my stock  MK1a Tiger, trying to get it back on the streets after ~
3 decades of storage in a barn.

Current focus is on carburation.

It has a remanufactured Holly to replace a worn-out Motorcraft 2-bbl.

Recently it was running pretty good but after I parked it to eat supper at a
restaurant recently, upon return to the car it would not start. It
looked flooded; I looked down the throat and saw aboutS a half inch of bubbly
gas in the
bottom of the carb.

Subsequently shop guys replaced the choke spring mechanism, pronounced the
carb to be  cured but 6 miles later in Atlanta traffic it
died with the same symptoms.  It acted as it was out of gas then died and
would not re-start.

I pushed it to the side of the road, popped the hood and looked down the
carb--another a pool of bubbly gas down there
and no way it would start.

About 90 minutes later the tow truck arrived and the Sunbeam ranked so I drove
it onto the flatbed truck.

Does this make any sense to any one?

Is there any way the coil could overheat and cause this--or do I have a POS
carb?

Allan