Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb

To: "Allan Ballard" <allanballard@att.net>, "Steve Laifman"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] "POS" carb
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:30:02 -0300
Allan:

I had the same problem with my re-built Holley. After way too much time
wasted trying to get the carb sorted, I bought an Edelbrock 600 cfm
replacement and had the same problem.

Eventually I got smart and put a pressure gauge on the fuel line to the
carb - it was reading 14 psi. These carbs only need 5 to 6 psi. I got a new
fuel pump that makes ~ 6 psi and have lived happily ever after.

Everyone has their own favorite carb. A new anything of the proper size is
better than a rebuilt old one.

Best of luck,

Dave