Re: [Tigers] Brake hang-up

To: "'Robert J. Wanty'" <rjw@wengco.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake hang-up
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:00:02 -0400
Bob
        You state that you switched front pads and now both are not
releasing.   I believe you are stating that you swapped pads from Left to
Right side.(?)

        This sounds like the brake pad itself is not sliding in the caliper.
The metal backing plate needs to have clearance to move within the caliper.
Check the backing plates;  you may need to grind the metal edges on the pads
down some to gain clearance for the them to move freely.   The pads should
easily slide into position on the caliper; if you have to force them at all
they are too tight and will not move freely.

        If the pads are moving freely and you still have this problem; then
the pad material might be too thick and there is no room for the caliper to
move.   Make sure with the caliper pistons pushed in all the way that there
is a gap between the pads and the rotor.

Ron Fraser