Re: [Tigers] New Clutch Adjustment (Help/Advice Needed)

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New Clutch Adjustment (Help/Advice Needed)
From: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:30:32 -0400
I thought I should report the solution to the List.  I figured out what was
going on.  I got my wife to press the clutch pedal and it turns out that one
of the bolts holding the slave in place only looked tight.  In reality, the
slave cylinder flexed toward the engine when the pedal was pressed.  I
tightened that bolt and the problem was resolved.  I also readjusted the
shifter just in case.  I finally got to drive the car today for the first
time with the new setup.  What a difference.  It feels like a new car.  So
happy...  Thanks a lot.  M