[Tigers] Algers, etc

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Algers, etc
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:05:17 -0400
...and I thought I just stepped on ONE Tiger paw. Whew, looks like a small herd,

judging by the postings.

Erich and Darrell M. get bonus points. It's not the deed, it's the deception.

Mike S., again, there's no target on your back. At least if I were buying a

car from you, you'd let me know what you were selling.

As for the comparison of prototypes( and I suppose you could include certain

race cars) to Algers, no, I'm not going to land on Darrell's or Bill Carroll's

front doorstep to decry what someone did to two perfectly good Alpines. As for

hotrods, I can admire the imagination and technical ability, while not wanting

one in my garage.

The comparison of the Ace and Cobra in the Alger discussion is hilarious and

a bit spooky. I was thinking about that yesterday afternoon. Let's see, carve

up one pristine $250,000 AC ACE to fabricate a dodgy recirculating ball steering

$450,000 Cobra. I suppose that's in the realm of possibility, it's just not

likely.

While we're armchair racing on the Cobra theme, what about the AC 289 Sport.

This a circa 1968 model that mates the bulbous Cobra 427 body and coil spring

chassis with a 289 powertrain. It was marketed along with the Frua-designed

AC428 in the UK when new Cobra's could no longer be sold in the States. Is that

a real Cobra?

As for the eBay car purported to be a recreated Tiger, let's see
what it sells for. The interesting thing is that there's another Tiger on the

site today. Compare eventual selling prices.