Re: [Tigers] 260 Timing Cover Needed

To: "Mark \(GE Indust ConsInd\)''Rense" <mark.rense@ge.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 260 Timing Cover Needed
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:46:52 -0700 (PDT)
Bugz or someone who knows. the timing cover he want is for a 332 stroker. is
that a 260 punched out to 332 or a 289 and it is punched out to a 332. I'm not
sure I understand why the water pump has to be the cast iron type. It seems I
had an aluminum one on a 5 bolt 289 some years back but my memory has hols in
it. Anyway, just exactly what does Bugz need. I also have a parts car with the
door closers on the doors IF I can get the doors open. the car is in a fenced
in area a wrecker service friend was storing it for me until I cold remove the
spare parts BUT his wrecker rolled off into a lake and the water didn't do the
turbo charger much good and his insurance is saying it was intentional, so he
has to sue to recover his wrecker value, it is so easy to dislike insurance
companies- Thank the Lord they aren't all alike.That said, he is out of town
and its very hot and the car is in weed with no wheel kn either end=before he
would have pulled it up on his
 flat bed tilt wrecker wrecker and taken it to my shop, I could remove the
extra parts and cut the door closers out for whom ever it was in need of then.
many Thanks and tons of regards,
TtT