Re: [Tigers] Tach

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tach
From: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:23:41 -0400
I plan to keep her rolling -- and stopping when brakes are applied :)

Best brake and clutch fluid next to Girling is Castrol LMA Dot 3/4 -- which I
use in my
SIV Alpine with no problems...

My first Tiger, a 65 Mk1 hooked me---in the 30 years since I have owned 3
Alpines, this last one really
GREAT--but had to wait all this time for another Tiger.

Now I have an alpine soon to have Overdrive and a 120 BHP Holbay clone
motor--and the Tiger.

Life can be good :)

Allan Ballard

On Aug 10, 2010, at 7:13 PM, Tony Somebody wrote:

> Keep the legend rolling and check the brake fluid regularly. There is much
to know about what fluid to use and dot 3 or 4 is definitely a NO NO, clutch
too!  I or We as I'm sure everyone doesn't mind me speaking for them in this
case, are happy to hear how exalted you are. Imagine how Lord Rootes felt and
he had the E-brake on the whole trip  (supposedly). Now you know why I was
hooked at age 19 and I'm 57 now and many Sunbeams later, from S3,4 and 5
Alpines to Mk1 and 1A Tigers- to bad I thought the Mk2 was ugly BUT the first
one I saw was missing most of the stainless, so it was ugly BUT parts where
available then. The kid may have even had them. He had clutch problems and was
ready to sell this piece of s---. That was at the Brown county Shelby meet
many years ago. I was on a Harley when we decided to ride to Indiana- no
helmet law. We didn't stay as rooms where expensive and my buddy wanted to
share a room w/ me and my girlfriend- no way was she going to let him watch,
so we rode back to southern IL. drinking all the way. glad I outgrew that
childish disease- I seldom ride now. LOL