Re: [Tigers] Selling a Tiger on Ebay

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Selling a Tiger on Ebay
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:59:52 -0700
Steve,
 I believe Ebay offers an "escrow" service.  In essence they act as the
middle man, a nuteral third party.  They get the funds and when the buyer
gets the car they release the funds. Not sure how well it works, or the
cost, but you might want to check that.

In theory it might help sell the car, because the buyer likely has similar
apprehension.  I recent bought a '64 Studebaker Daytona off ebay.  I get
there to pick it up and find out it is "Uncle Lester's" car not the seller.
And Uncle Lester is out of town and didn't sign the pink slip. It was $70
for fuel and $100 to my friend for the use of his truck/trailer so I took
the car and left the money with the "nephews."  Then it was a nail biting 11
days..., but I did finally get the signed pink slip.  In this case my  faith
paid off, but it also could have gone the other way.
Tom Witt